Coherence 3.5 is the third major release of Coherence since we joined Oracle back in mid 2007. We’re quite excited about this release as it includes many new features. We especially gave Coherence*Web lots of love by adding:
- Native integration with WebLogic Server/WebLogic Portal 9.2 and 10.2+.
- Fine grained concurrency management for session access
- Improved distributed session expiry algorithm
- Support for Coherence*Extend
It turns out we’re not the only ones giving Coherence lots of love. Check out this report by Gartner covering Data Grid solutions from The Big Three (Oracle, IBM, & Microsoft.)
Those interested in finding out more can watch Cam’s Live Webcast on July 29th.
The next three posts will cover my favorite new Coherence 3.5 features:
- Improved Partition Distribution Algorithm
- Service Guardian (Deadlock Detection)
- POF Extractor/Updater
Stay tuned for more!